Thursday, September 20, 2012

Andrew Z in the Morning


Last Friday Andrew Z asked me to come back into the Star 105 studio to take part in a Phototwine event.  We created an event in the app and gave out the code on the morning show and asked the listeners to send in their photos.  We also took photos in the studio for all of the listeners to view.  We then told them that we would pick our favorites, post them on our Facebook page, and whoever received the most likes would win a Burger Bar 419 gift card.  The response was overwhelming!  Here were the finalists!  We received 155 photos to the gallery and liked these 5 the most.Then something happened that was unexpected.  Our Facebook page suddenly reached over 5000 people.  That was crazy.  We also had almost 300 likes on the photos.  But the one that received the most likes was the top left with over 200!  Congrats!




 

   
With that kind of reach we really put Burger Bar 419 in front of a lot of people.  I am not totally sure but I think we also received over 50 likes during the small contest.  Then half way through the contest I found out Facebook has crazy strict contest rules and I was not actually able to un the contest on my page.  Well needless to say I wont be doing that again.  But it was a fun experiment and I truly saw the power of Facebook and how something goes viral.  Enjoy the rest of the photos!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment